Types of hosting services
A hosting solution suggests stashing and/or sharing given content on a server run by a website hosting distributor. There are various types of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's study these. Thus, you can conclude what you need, based on whether you wish to build a web page, mail addresses, or to share files with chums and associates.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by certain providers, which lets you share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage accounts are often supported by displaying ads beside the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a certain period of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly false explanation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would allot the load between autonomous packs of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous web hosting services (email, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a type of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given firms provide a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting kind is appropriate if you would like to share an immense number of pics with friends or partners since the solution is typically free of cost. You will obtain a random link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to managing your electronic mail accounts. Some suppliers offer web site hosting services for websites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting solution. If you want to keep an email address with your domain name but do not wish to run a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can create e-mail box accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file produces a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video files and a few hundred web page visitors, you may have difficulty with your web page hosting reserves. Embedding the video will enable you to run as many video clips as you desire without worrying about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to run a site. To some extent, it includes all of the aforesaid hosting types since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and email mailbox accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Real Tech Hosting, for example, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated web hosting accounts that permit you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in one single place. There may be limitations depending on the type of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web site hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the customary email/file/video/image hosting plans that are planned for particular web content exclusively.